Outreach Services are available to those persons in our community who have difficulty in coming to the library. These services include homebound delivery to those who are confined to home due to medical conditions, delivery to day-care centers, retirement centers and nursing homes.
The Statesboro Regional Library provides a book loan and delivery service to licensed or registered daycare providers. Outreach also serves the communities of Brooklet, Leefield, Stilson and Register.
Each month, participants are loaned a collection of books. The collections are checked out to the day care facility on an institutional card and delivered each month. Staff at the facility are responsible for returning books packed and ready for pick-up prior to the scheduled delivery time. Each center is responsible for lost books or books damaged beyond normal use.
Anyone interested in participating in this program should call 912-764-1343 weekdays, 9:00am – 6:00pm for additional information or email Linder Humphries
Services for the Blind
The Library System offers various services for patrons who are disabled. A range of assistive devices are available at each library for patrons who have physical restrictions. If you have any special needs and require assistance please ask us how we may help.
GLASS (Georgia Library for Accessible Services)
Library users can search the online catalog for Braille, recorded books, magazines , musical scores in braille, and descriptive videos, place requests and more!
Who is eligible for the service?
- Anyone who is unable to read or handle standard printed materials as a result of temporary or permanent visual or physical disability.
- Persons who are legally blind or cannot see well enough or focus long enough to read standard print, even with glasses.
- Persons who are unable to hold or turn pages of print books
- Persons who are certified by a medical doctor as having a reading disability.
- Download an application for service (PDF)